Your skin is the body’s largest organ. It weighs between two and four kilos, covers between one and two square metres and completely renews itself every seven to ten weeks, with approximately five million dead skin cells rubbing off on a daily basis. Your skin reflects your state of health and your biological age, being soft and smooth when well-cared for, or dry and flaky when taken for granted.
What skin type you have?
To be the proud owner of beautiful, soft, young-looking skin, you need to take care of it. When taking care of your skin, it’s vital that you take care of the part of you that everybody sees – your face and neck.
The absolute golden rule, before you start using products on the delicate skin of your face, is to determine your skin type.
Normal and combination skin:
- Slight oily sheen in the T-zone area
- Drier cheek area
- Occasional pimples and spots
Dry and sensitive skin
- Fine, dry lines around the eyes and mouth, dehydration lines on fact
- The cheek area is dull, dry and taut
- Skin that’s very sensitive to sun, wind and pollution
- Oil sheen in T-zone area and on cheeks
- Enlarged pores and blackheads evident
- Frequent pimples and spots
Tips for better skin